Ambassadors are volunteers who have pledged to promote the sport of pickleball and the USAPA in the local area they have applied to represent. They may be individuals or couples, or a group of ambassadors working together as a team. The main prerequisite is a love of the sport and the desire to share our game with others of all ages.
Their responsibilities include:
- Support the goals of the USAPA, which are to promote and grow our sport with others of all ages.
- Encourage and support the identification of and development of new Places2Play program.
- Promote and solicit USAPA memberships.
- Advise players of important USAPA Board actions, such as rules changes and other information that may affect pickleball play.
- Maintain and expand “Places2Play” on the USAPA website within the Ambassador’s geographical area.
- Promote goodwill with other Ambassadors, players, facility representatives, and the general public.
- Become familiar with, support and abide by the Official Rules of Pickleball.
- Understand and practice the Code of Conduct.
- Become familiar with the information and resources on the USAPA website and USAPA mobile app.
Our District is represented by the following Ambassadors:
- Director of Ambassadors: Claudia Fontana
- East Assistant Director of Ambassadors: Jones Wong
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Ambassador Sharon MacKenzie
- North Central Tennessee District Ambassador David Hart
- North Central Tennessee Ambassadors Jay Wasack, Rick Leach, Don Stanley, Newton Harris, Lee Midgett, Bill Nelson and John Minetos