October 11-13, 2019
Friday – Men’s & Women’s Singles, Men’s & Women’s Senior Doubles
Saturday – Men’s & Women’s Doubles
Sunday – Mixed Doubles
Bracket format will be double elimination or round robin based on number of players in each event.
$40 registration ation fee, $5 for each additional event.
Be sure to purchase tickets for the tournament raffle! We will sell tickets and draw winners each day of the tournament. Raffle items include a variety of paddles, apparel, and more.
Contact Bri O’Toole at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
The Pickleball Franklin website was designed to get information out to the pickleball community about play in the Franklin, Brentwood, Williamson County and surrounding areas. It is, however, pretty uni-directional. If you want to interact with the Pickleball Franklin community – check out our Facebook Group. Once you join, you can post and see posts from others.
This year’s Fairfield Glade Round-Robin Tournament to be held November 1-3 at Fairfield Glade Racquet Center. Singles will be played on Friday, Doubles on Saturday and Mixed on Sunday. This is a unique round-robin tournament where you rotate partners each round in doubles and mixed. So, you do not need a partner to sign-up! The cost to play is $25 and includes entry into all three events. This is an age and skill-level based competition. We will have age divisions of 59 and below, 60-69, 70-79 and 80+ with skill levels of A, B and C. A is 4.0+, B is 3.5 and C is 3.0 and Below.
Entry fee includes all play, player gift and practice play on Friday starting at 3 PM. Play will be on our eight outdoor courts. In case of inclement weather, we will play indoors. Attached below is an entry form. Deadline to enter is October 25. Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to forward to any other players! Don’t miss out on this great tournament!
Tournament Entry Form
REMINDER: Tomorrow…Pickleball Peeps at Puckett’s Boat House-Thursday 9/12/19 3:00 Spread the word…my apologies if this is a duplicate
Ambassadors are volunteers who have pledged to promote the sport
of pickleball and the USAPA in the local area they have applied to represent.
They may be individuals or couples, or a group of ambassadors working together
as a team. The main prerequisite is a love of the sport and the desire to share
our game with others of all ages.
Their responsibilities include:
- Support the goals of the USAPA, which are to promote and grow our sport with others of all ages.
- Encourage and support the identification of and development of new Places2Play program.
- Promote and solicit USAPA memberships.
- Advise players of important USAPA Board actions, such as rules changes and other information that may affect pickleball play.
- Maintain and expand “Places2Play” on the USAPA website within the Ambassador’s geographical area.
- Promote goodwill with other Ambassadors, players, facility representatives, and the general public.
- Become familiar with, support and abide by the Official Rules of Pickleball.
- Understand and practice the Code of Conduct.
- Become familiar with the information and resources on the USAPA website and USAPA mobile app.
Our District is represented by the following Ambassadors:
- Director of Ambassadors: Claudia Fontana
- East Assistant Director of Ambassadors: Jones Wong
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Ambassador Sharon MacKenzie
- North Central Tennessee District Ambassador David Hart
- North Central Tennessee Ambassadors Jay Wasack, Rick Leach, Don Stanley, Newton Harris, Lee Midgett, Bill Nelson and John Minetos
You are invited for a gathering at Puckett’s Boat House this Thursday 9/12/19 3:00 for Happy Hour. Please spread the word – we had close to 40 at the last gathering!! Fun times ahead, Maria Wood.
Three new leagues will be starting in September at Academy Park outdoor courts. The league for 3.0 level players will be on Mondays (waitlist), 3.5 players on Wednesdays (4 openings) and 4.0+ players on Fridays (6 openings). These eight-week leagues will be held on three courts and can accommodate 12 players in each league.
Register on the WCPR website.